I'm doing a little experiment where I'll spend a week without a certain thing in my diet.
It's not directly for weight loss purposes - just a week without something certainly isn't a healthy or effective way to lose weight - but rather it's to learn more about my own particular needs and what I can (or can't) live without. Once I'm done, we'll see what was doable, what was torturous, and what left me with enough energy to get by. From there, maybe some beneficial lifestyle changes will take place - or at least I'll be used to eating more veggies.
So, here will be my weeks, if I can remember:
-No red meat
-No sugar
-No complex carbs (pasta, bread, potatoes)
-No meat at all
-Reduce all portions by 1/3
If you can suggest more weeks for me to try out, let me know. And no, "Reduce all portions by 100%" is not a valid option.
![]()


3 Comments:
I think weeks where you DO more would be interesting too-
like, a week where you take all your vitamins, a week where you drink the 8glassesofwater/day thing, a week where you drink appropriate amounts of milk, a week where you eat the actual recommended amount of fruits/veggies per day.
I don't know that I've done any of the aforementioned in the last... 6 months? even a year?
http://www.google.com/search?q=raw+food+diet
btw, i commend you on trying this out. i think its a great idea. but in my experience, the first week or so of doing something like this can be the hardest and after that it gets a lot easier. consider reducing the number of things you want to try and doing each of them for a month. it'll force you to find real solutions to whatever problems you encounter rather than relying on hacks or stamina to "get though it". also, your body will adjust and you'll get a better sense of what you can actually endure (or even enjoy!).
Post a Comment
<< Home